- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrot, julienned thin
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 4 to 10 Serrano peppers, sliced thin (to taste)
- 2 cups canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
Combine 2 cups water and salt into a mixing bowl and stir until dissolved. Add cauliflower, carrot, red pepper, celery, Serrano, and garlic to the salt water and stir. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Next day, drain veggies thoroughly and place back in the mixing bowl. Add the canola oil, red wine vinegar and Mexican oregano. Mix thoroughly to combine and allow to marinate overnight.
Giardiniera will keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks in an airtight jar.